Welcome to Teacher Space. Scroll down the right margin to discover hundreds of quality, teaching and learning links for mainstream and special education teachers.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Typing / Keyboarding Programs for Kids

Power Typing

Dance Mat
Hi Everyone,

This term I used the Dance Mat Typing Program in my classroom to teach the kids keyboard awareness skills. I had no expectations that the kids would learn to touch type, but that is exactly what happened!

This highly engaging program kept my kids glued to the keyboard during keyboarding lessons and I found them choosing to work on their typing skills during 'choice time'.

I have been looking for a follow up program that will appeal to my students who have finished the Dance Mat program. I think the Power Typing program might just be the one!
Scroll down the right margin of the blog until you find my ICT links. You will find lots of great keyboarding games there.




1 comment:

  1. This is awesome the software is going to do wonders for the kids as you can hone your typing skills at a younger age.

    ReplyDelete

Universal Design for Learning

A is for Autism F is for Friend - Video